Locations, dates and content direction (East & West)
- Western Pre-Course @ Sun Peaks, BC From November 24 to 27, 2016
- Eastern Pre-Course @ Calabogie Peaks, ON From December 8 to 11, 2016
Summer is over and the weather will start to turn cold. Now is a great time to prepare for this year’s pre-course. We are planning lots of learning opportunities. This year we have a new session on Thursday for those that need to bring their personal skiing skills up to the new CADS Level 3 Course Conductor standard or help in developing their eye for assessing whether a candidate is at the CADS Level 1 or 2 standard for their CSIA component. These sessions are free for all CADS Level 3 with pre-registration by November 1st.
This year, a select group of snowboarders will be piloting course content and evaluations for the CADS level 1. This will be a closed group, building on work previous done at pre-course 2014 (Calgary).
The Training dates are:
Thursday: CSIA or CASI Update day
These sessions are not mandatory but are intended to those who need to work on the CSIA skills relate to the requirements associated to CADS level 1, 2 and 3.
Registration for that session will be required by November 1st, 2016. A minimum of 6 registered participants will be required to run this full day session. Please confirm your intention to attend this session with Clare Logan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday, Saturday, Sunday: Ski and Snowboard CADS Course Conductor Training
The Level 3 Course Conductor booklet is on the website under Technical Committee > Certification courses > Course Forms. The Marking Grid being posted in October.
A detailed schedule will be provided in advance of the weekend. You should be prepared to meet at 8:30 each day and be on the hill shortly after that. There may be meetings/ sessions on Saturday evening. We will finish at 13:00 on Sunday.
If you have any questions regarding the 2016 Eastern Pre-Course, please contact
Clare Logan at email@example.com
Western Pre-Course Details
- Dick Taylor is the contact person at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We were able to obtain a discounted rate for the rooms that are set-aside for our group at the Sun Peaks Grand Hotel & Conference Center until October 24, 2016.
- By Phone: Contact the reservation department to book your room at 1-844-774-7263 and use reservation code: CADS Pre-Course West
- Online: Click here
- Choose your dates of stay and the number of registered adults in your room.
- Two sharing one room is 2 adults.
- Under Special Rates, click the arrow and choose Group/Block from the drop down box.
- Enter the group code GKNCADSW16 FOR HOTEL ACCOMODATION AT SUN PEAKS GRAND
- Click on the “Check Availability” Box
- The rooms start at $119 for a deluxe room (note: We are only able to guarantee this rate while rooms are available and before the October 31, 2016 deadline).
- We also have a food plan that you will be able to purchase during registration. We have two meal plans to choice from:
- A) Full meal plan: $200.00 per person inclusive (includes 3 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 1 reception and 1 dinner),
- B) Modified meal plan: $138.05 per person inclusive (includes 3 Lunches, 1 reception and 1 dinner).
- During pre-course you will be able to purchase lift tickets at 50% off when you show your CADS membership card.
When you register online for pre-course you will have the opportunity to sign-up for the meal package at that time. The meal package will not available during on-site registration.
After listening to comments from last year we are moving to have smaller groups to enhance your experience. To ensure that the TC group is able facilitate all registrants we have set a late date for registration of October 31, 2016, if you register after this date we will do the best to include.